Legal Summit Sponsored by Dinsmore
Thursday, Oct 14 2021
08:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Credits: 2 HRCI Business Credits, 2 SHRM Credits
Spend the morning learning from industry experts on a wide variety of topics updating you on the latest Legal Updates, Strategies, and Issues Surrounding the Litigious Employee Environment.
Identify issues, audit processes and implement business strategies based on emerging employment law changes post-COVID to analyze and assess organizational practices that impact operations and people management in order to decide on the best available risk management strategy.
This session covers emerging laws, risk assessment and employer strategies for mitigating legal risk with regards to post-COVID changes to ADA law and remote work requests and implementing change strategies to mitigate legal risk based on employment legal updates post-COVID.
Post-COVID Remote Work – the ADA and its new frontier of addressing remote work requests
Speaker: Andrey Tomkiw
Examine and navigate ADA law updates post-COVID to mitigate business risk.
Remote work requests were, at one point, mandated by MDHSS and MiOSHA. Post-COVID, employers must now navigate an entirely new level of mine fields when addressing remote work requests. The ADA requirements of a reasonable accommodation or the imposition of an undue hardship will be impacted by COVID forever. Denying a remote work request may now require a whole new protocol for legal compliance.
- Examine important updates in ADA law post-COVID and strategies for compliance
- Learn what constitutes a reasonable accommodation and undue hardship in the changed employment landscape post-COVID
- New protocols for legally denying remote work requests
How to Audit Processes and Implement Change based on Legal Updates>
Speaker: James Reid
Identify issues, audit processes and implement change strategies to mitigate legal risk to your business based on emerging employment law trends post-COVID
- Case law update: review and determine change strategies to mitigate risk based on case law updates
- Examine remote work implementation and compliance with emerging laws to mitigate legal risk
- Discuss gig economy structure and legal compliance strategies
- Identify positive employment impacts of COVID
- Discuss the current war on talent and strategies for addressing it moving forward
- Discuss diversity & inclusion current and emerging law compliance
- Review OSHA updates and future compliance strategies
- Examine the impact of wellness on the workforce