Breakout Speaker Benefits
The MISHRM State Conference is the largest gathering of human resources professionals in the state. The conference offers world-renowned keynote speakers, educational sessions, networking opportunities and exposure to the latest HR products and services. Our sessions are geared toward professionals, whether they are just starting out in HR or are a senior level executive; MISHRM State Conference has something for everyone to learn and amazing individuals to connect with.
Speakers associated with MISHRM education events are recognized as industry leaders and subject matter experts.
All selected speakers receive ONE complimentary registration to the event to be used by the speaker only. This is NOT transferable to a coworker or friend.
- Please note that to receive this benefit, speakers MUST register in advance.
- Speakers gain increased visibility throughout the statewide MISHRM community.
Speakers and their companies/organizations are included in promotional information sent to members via email blasts, marketing materials, social media highlights, the MISHRM conference website, press releases and other publicity outlets.
Speakers have the opportunity to network with peers and other professionals at specifically designed points throughout the event.
- Speakers can provide information in the MISHRM conference bags, if applicable.
- Information must be received by deadline provided in advance to be included.
- Speakers can prove their value, expertise, knowledge by presenting relevant and timely subjects in an effective manner, often leading to business development.
- Speakers will receive full conference registration email list one week before the conference. And the final list one week following the conference.
MISHRM Conference Breakout Speaker FAQs
- When will I find out if my proposal has been accepted?
- Our conference speaker committee will complete the review process in March, selections will be made in early-mid April. Please DO NOT email the conference committee prior to this.
- Can I still submit a proposal after the Call for Speakers has closed?
- Can I have multiple colleagues speak with me?
- Yes, you will need to indicate this during the submission process and provide co-presenter and/or panelist’s information at that time.
- Do I have to pay for my conference registration?
In appreciation for your presentation and participation, MISHRM offers speakers one (1) complimentary registration for the conference per presenter. Complimentary registration is NOT transferable or able to be used as a credit. If multiple speakers are presenting, MISHRM offers one (1) additional complimentary conference registration per presenter if presentation materials are submitted by deadlines outlined in the speaker agreement. The additional complimentary conference registrations are for the co-presenter or panelist’s registration only. You must indicate if you will be available for all of the conference or a portion thereof during the final registration process.
- Does MISHRM pay for speaker’s travel costs and lodging?
Speaker’s travel costs and lodging will be the responsibility of the presenter. Most speakers and their companies recognize the importance of being part of MISHRM’s educational events and embrace a goodhearted spirit by handling travel and lodging
- Do speakers get paid to speak?
- Our breakout speakers are not paid speaking engagements.
- Can I sell books onsite at the conference?
- Yes, you may sell books and we will need to know this information by the presentation deadline date.
- What if I need to make a change to my presentation after I’ve submitted my final version?
- If you have made changes to your presentation, please contact Robin Welch firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will need to receive the updated version, so it can be uploaded to the app, added to the master slide deck, etc. Depending on the change to the presentation, we may need to re-submit for certification which can cause issues in approval of credits. This will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Please note that the deadline for all presentations and supporting PDFs (added to the app) is Friday, September 22nd. There will be NO CHANGES permitted beyond this date.
- Will my slides be shared?
- Yes, slides will be shared IN ADVANCE of the conference via the app. Please keep this in mind when creating your slides. If any printed documents are needed, that will be the responsibility of the presenter.
- How long are the breakout sessions?
- Breakout sessions are primarily 1 hour total including Q&A.
- Will I receive feedback about my session? If so, when should I expect to receive it?
Session feedback is available upon request only and takes about four weeks to calculate the session survey results. Survey results will be emailed by request only to the requestor when available.
- What types of credits are applied for?
The MISHRM Speaker Committee will submit on your behalf for HRCI Business and HRCI General Credits and SHRM Credits only.
- Do attendees have access to recordings year-round?
- Yes, our attendees cannot attend all breakout sessions, therefore we offer attendees paid access to approved recordings for up to three years from conference dates.
- What is the general size of a breakout session?
- Approximately 75-200 people per breakout session.
- What audio visual is available on site?
- MISHRM will provide the projector, slide advancer, sound system/speakers, sound for video, microphones and all cables and connectors. If you have any special requirements or need special assistance, this MUST be noted and agreed upon in the initial speaker agreement.
- What are the speaker presentation expectations?
Presentations must be educational. We recognize that our speakers may wish to showcase their services, but we kindly ask that your presentation not be a sales pitch. Anyone who does not abide by this will not be extended a speaking opportunity in the future. Continuing Education credits will be offered. MISHRM will complete the necessary work to make sure courses receive accreditation. If a session description has to be modified to be approved for credits, we ask for your swift response in approving the revision. Presentation session descriptions, titles and key learning objectives cannot be changed once submitted for credits. Breakout speakers will have one hour for their session including Q&A. Please make sure to end on time and plan your content accordingly. Networking time will be made available to speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees for this purpose. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Does the speaker have access to their recorded session?
The on-demand recording of the breakout session is for internal use only. Breakout speakers must indicate during the submission process if they would like to receive a link to view their breakout presentation. The presentation recording is to be used for personal viewing only. No copy of the recorded product can be reproduced, sold or distributed. The link will be ready one month following the conference and sent only if indicated in the submission process.
Please visit our FAQ page for more non-speaker related information.